We are looking for a Senior Research Scientist for Spotify’s User Engagement organization. Our interdisciplinary team focuses on ensuring that the foundations of Spotify technologies are at or above the state of the art and, in the process, redefine the state of the art for the field. As such, our team has strong ties internally to product groups as well as externally to the research community.
What you’ll do:
Define a research program with academic and business impact
Work closely with product teams to ensure that products are operating at or above the state of the art
Develop new techniques or insights that contribute to the external research community
Publish at top tier academic conferences
Who you are:
Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field
5+ years of postdoctoral industry or academic experience
Have a research track record at top tier conferences focused on:
- User understanding: music cognition, metrics and evaluation, large scale experimentation
- Music understanding: music information retrieval, music analysis (e.g. beats, chords, instruments), sound source separation, music transcription
- Matching: information retrieval, recommendation, machine learning
- Economics: computational advertising, mechanism design, econometrics
- Natural language processing: information extraction, dialog
Experience working in multidisciplinary, collaborative environments with product teams, either in a supporting or leadership role
Want to learn from people with diverse backgrounds or experiences
Can write code when necessary
Have experience with data processing and storage frameworks like Hadoop, BigQuery, Spark, etc.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.