Do you have a passion for both research and engineering? Are you excited by the prospect of building the most advanced machine listening tools in the music industry? Would you like to be part of an upbeat team working to impact the future of Spotify?
We are looking for a creative, passionate Research Engineer to join our Machine Listening team. Our mission is to develop computational methods to understand sound and music (much like humans do!), and to build tools, systems and products that apply these ideas at Spotify-scale.
As a Research Engineer, you will work within a cross-functional team of Research Scientists, Engineers and Product Managers to develop novel research ideas, to evaluate their performance on real data, and to turn them into great products. You will also work with our Research Leadership team to help shape our ongoing research strategy. Your work will have a large impact on the way that the world experiences audio, and the way that creators make a living.
What you’ll do
- Perform cutting-edge research in machine listening, using a combination of approaches including machine learning, signal processing, and probabilistic modelling.
- Tackle difficult engineering problems in a simple, scalable and maintainable way.
- Design and run experiments at scale, and communicate their results and importance to key stakeholders.
- Participate in transforming research projects into robust products that operate at Spotify-scale.
- Work closely with other teams and team members in understanding business needs and designing solutions.
- Introduce innovations that lead to new products and features.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree (or at least 5 years of relevant industry experience) in computer science, machine learning, mathematics or a related quantitative field.
- You have hands-on experience of scientific computing and data modelling in Python.
- You have knowledge and experience of machine learning, statistics, signal processing and optimization.
- You have a passion for seeing projects from start to end.
- You are excited to learn new things and take on new problems.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.