With millions of users in 79 countries, Spotify has transformed the way people access, discover, and enjoy music. We are now looking for a Senior Project Manager to drive initiatives that create more meaningful connections between artists and fans.
The Music team plays an important role as the interface between our listeners, artists, and other music industry constituents. In this role, you will, together with your Project Manager peers, oversee a portfolio of diverse and global projects designed to improve both the user experience and help artists find their audience. Your counterparts will be teams in R&D, Editorial, Marketing, Legal, Data Science, Design etc.
Your work will be highly strategic and will have a direct impact on the business. To be successful, you will have to ensure that the big picture always stays in focus, being prepared to delve into details on specific issues as needed, and clearly communicate your work across all stakeholders.
What you’ll do
- Manage programs, projects, and initiatives, ensuring alignment with the team’s strategic objectives and the overall business priorities – prioritize and focus your efforts accordingly
- Identify new opportunities, turn them into proposals and project plans, and execute on them
- Make sure outcomes are being sustained by effectively operationalizing successful projects
- Provide leadership, advice, and guidance on key projects across the Music team and wider Content business unit
- Lead through influencing – build consensus across complex cross-functional teams to drive desired business outcomes
- Depending on the setting, assume different project roles – sometimes leading, sometimes supporting
- Constantly strive to improve processes and ways of working so that the team becomes more efficient and impactful
- When required, roll up the sleeves and find creative ways to get the job done
Who you are
- You have previous experience from program/project management, or from an operations role, in a complex business setting (telco, retailer, FMCG etc), from a consultancy, or from a start-up
- You have managed several large cross-functional projects and programs and are well versed in models, methods, and frameworks to efficiently do so
- You have a proven ability to influence others, to flex your skillset, and to apply your experience in different ways, as required by the situation
- You have experience from driving change and impact in a quickly changing environment, and from interfacing with stakeholders across different disciplines and time-zones
- A strong individual contributor with a natural ability to build relationships with and instill trust in other people
- Able to translate business requirements into technical requirements and vice versa, and to clearly and confidently communicate with stakeholders at all levels
- You are highly analytical, experienced in sourcing and interpreting data, and confident making decisions based on it
- A great storyteller – you share information in an inspiring, coherent, and compelling way
- Eager to attack unfamiliar problems with curiosity and tenacity, with a great appetite for learning
- You have a genuine interest in the music industry at large, the mechanics of a streaming company, and the impact it has on the creator community
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come to be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.