Spotify Studios is the team that oversees all relationships, development, and production associated with podcasts, video, and originally recorded singles. We are seeking a senior project lead to manage operations and strategic planning across priority markets.
In this role, you will be the key touchpoint between Studios global and local markets teams, with a focus on setting up markets for scale.The right candidate has strong project management skills and is experienced in working with international teams, forecasting and planning, and extracting and communicating insights to guide business decisions.
This role is based in London and reports to the Head of Business Operations, Spotify Studios.
What you’ll do:
- Act as the liaison between the central Studios team and our priority markets, developing relationships and maintaining ongoing communication with markets teams and key stakeholders
- Build and manage processes for forecasting, planning and actualization
- Work with markets teams to set and track key performance indicators; establish and maintain a cadence for reporting on key metrics
- Create and onboard markets teams onto toolkits and templates that set the teams up for scale
- Implement and maintain project management platforms to ensure information symmetry, aligning closely with US standard practices
- Advocate for markets teams’ needs and amplify their successes in global team forums
- Set up channels, forums, and best practices for information-sharing across markets teams
- Play a key role in helping scope new opportunity markets and stand-up new market teams, working closely with Managing Directors and Strategy & Operations Leads from each market
- Contribute to hiring and scoping new roles for Studios market teams
Who you are:
- 6+ years’ experience in an international consulting, project management, or operations role
- BA or BS, MBA preferred
- You have experience managing complex cross-functional projects and initiatives (e.g. spanning functions such as engineering, marketing, content, legal, and others)x
- You exhibit flexibility in your approach, and are able to use your judgment to apply the model and methodology that fit best with the context
- You are business-minded and passionate about the potential of leading multiple stakeholders toward achieving a common goal
- You are a self-starter with excellent time-management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- You are creative, innovative, confident, flexible and enthusiastic to assume responsibility and accountability
- You strive to ensure teams are communicating and coordinating with each other, rather than becoming the central contact point for a project
- You strive for clarity and keep track of details as the project is forming
- You look for opportunities to improve how the team works together
- You are able to drive teams to decisions
- You focus on continuous, iterative delivery, and “working out loud”
- You are equally comfortable engaging with engineers, product owners, executives and external partners
- You are experienced with business modeling, go-to-market strategies and financial analysis
- You have strong Excel / Google Sheets skills and have worked with CRM tools
- You are primarily based in London with the ability to travel approximately 20% of the time
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.