We are looking for our Senior Program Manager to join the Growth Opportunities mission. We are a department focusing on Growth at Spotify and we have several exciting programs running such as launching in new markets, growing our free user base and different initiatives related to retaining existing users. Program Management is a fairly new function at Spotify, but as the company has grown and programs go across teams and departments this function becomes key in order to execute efficiently.
What you’ll do
As a Senior Program Manager you will be responsible for driving execution in one or several programs. Programs will go across different teams and functions like product, research, design, development and data analysis. The Program Manager’s job is to stay on top of everything that is going on and make sure there is a structure that all involved parties can rely on. You ensure successful end-to-end delivery through efficient execution. The role differs from a traditional project management role in that you will not be working with a dedicated project team, but rather ensure that necessary deliverables for your particular initiatives are worked into the plans of affected teams. Stakeholder communication and expectation management skills are key components for success in this role.In order to be successful in this role, you should be able to take bigger goals, work with teams in getting them into concrete deliverables and set up a program for execution. Your strength should lie in seeing the holistic perspective, see how the various parts tie together in order to be able to systemize it into a program. We would like to see how you have done and succeed in similar roles in the past.
Who you are
- You are truly a “do-er”, willing to get hands-on solving any problems needed to help the program move forward.
- You have a collaborative mindset and you are a true team player.
- You are super good at structure, organized and have great attention to detail.
- You have a outgoing personality with great communication skills and can work with large groups of stakeholders without necessarily having formal authority.
- You have been working with big scale, international programs. If you have worked with new market launches that is a plus.
- You are used to work in a cross-functional environment with design, development, research and analytics.
- You are comfortable balancing multiple concurrent projects in an agile and fast pace environment.
- You have excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.