We are looking for a great senior Program Manager, to establish and lead our newly defined Platform Consultancy Organisation.
The Platform department creates the technology ecosystem that enables Spotify to learn and deliver quickly, while safely and easily scaling to billion customers, and enabling our rapid employee growth around the globe. Our team consists of eight organisational units (known as ‘tribes’) that reflect the needs and groupings of our internal customers – from the shared approaches to supporting and aligning the craft and practice of designers, engineers, researchers, and data scientists – to the frameworks, capabilities and tools they need to do their work as effectively, quickly, and safely as possible. We are an amplifier for productivity, quality, and innovation across Spotify.
Our goal with the Platform Consultancy is to increase speed for our customers, reduce waste within our teams and secure a faster move onto an aligned technology stack across Spotify together with our customers.
You’ll be based in Stockholm or New York and manage relationships with stakeholders globally. You’ll report to the Platform Mission’s Operations Lead.
What you’ll do
- You’ll establish and build out the Platform Consultancy Program Office
- You’ll define and execute on the vision and strategies for the Platform Consultancy’s operational processes to support alignment and collaboration of cross-functional teams and stakeholders from multiple parts of a company.
- You’ll program manage large and strategically important initiatives across Spotify
- You’ll lead meetings with cross-functional teams and key stakeholders at all levels that have an impact on Spotify technology stack
- You’ll be responsible for monitoring progress and status of all ongoing work that the Platform Consultancy Program Office engages in
- You’ll own the Platform Consultancy backlog securing that this is prioritised according to customer needs, business importance, focused alignment etc.
- You’ll support planning this work together and securing priority with affected Platform Tribes and Tribes outside of Platform
- You’ll be responsible for coordinating and managing third parties/consultancies to apply additional resources when applicable
- You’ll manage the Platform Consultancy team consisting of both permanent and rotational engineers
- You’ll travel to different Spotify offices interacting with customers or implementation teams
- You’ll identify and implement measurements of success (KPIs) for the team
- You’ve broad experience from working in cross-functional environments with engineering, product, design, data science and research.
- You’re great in influencing, building trust and credibility, and you inspire and motivate cross-functional teams and stakeholders at all levels to achieve goals without having formal authority.
- You’ve extensive experience representing and running large, cross-functional software projects, and can easily communicate strategies, goals, and progress status.
- You’re extremely structured, organized and have phenomenal attention to details.
- You’ve a flexible mindset and are continuously looking for ways to improve how you and your teamwork.
- You’re comfortable balancing multiple concurrent high impact initiatives in an agile, fast paced, and international environment.
- You’ve experience working with a large number and diverse set of stakeholders
- You’re a strong communicator conveying your message concisely to a broad audience
- You’re focused on customer service and have a passion for customer success.
- You’ve deep expertise and excel in defining and driving the vision and strategies for the Program Office function’s operational processes to support alignment and collaboration of cross-functional teams from multiple parts of a company.
- You’ve extensive experience in working with technology intense programs and an understanding of technology infrastructure and how it impacts the business
We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.
Note that the Program Management function at Spotify differs from traditional PM in that we do not work with dedicated project teams, but rather ensure that necessary deliverables for particular initiatives are worked into the plans of affected teams across the company.