Spotify Connect lets our users listen out loud on their speakers, TV, consoles and more using the Spotify app as a remote. It is a central pillar of our platformization strategy and we’re betting hard on it as we push to make listening out-loud an even more compelling experience than it is today.
We are looking for a senior product manager to lead the platform team that owns the infrastructure that powers Spotify Connect enabled experiences. The team owns and operates some of our most mission critical systems; millions of music lovers worldwide rely on them to enable flawless listening experiences in their homes and beyond. You will be instrumental in defining and driving the vision for the future of Spotify Connect, working with both your team and stakeholders throughout the business to take the platform to the next level.
You must be located in, or willing to relocate to, Stockholm, Sweden, where this team resides.
What you’ll do
- Articulate and evolve the Spotify Connect infrastructure team’s vision and mission.
- Work closely with stakeholders across the organization to make sure that you and the team provides for the company’s short- and long-term goals.
- Make sure that your team is strong and healthy – including capabilities, happiness, resilience and growth.
- Make sure your team is doing the right things, while not spreading too thinly. A healthy balance of innovation, support and maintenance is key for all successful teams at Spotify.
- Mentor junior product managers and grow the product team in your local context.
Who you are
- You are an interdisciplinary thinker, skilled at blending different perspectives in pursuit of a mission.
- You are passionate about building exceptional user experiences and understand what a great platform that meet these needs looks like.
- You understand the importance of the developer experience to maximise impact, distribution and success for those building on top of your product.
- You have excellent leadership and relationship building skills.
- You are an excellent communicator and storyteller, engaging with your audience on a personal level.
- You are good at sorting out ambiguity.
- You have a proven track record of developing and managing world-class software products, preferably using agile development methodologies.
- You are structured and give close attention to details.
- You are persistent, rational and put facts above speculation.
- A passion for the Spotify as a product and a user experience.
- Domain knowledge of the music industry and/or online entertainment.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.