The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next on Spotify easier and more enjoyable for every listener. We seek to understand the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else so that we can make great recommendations to every individual person and keep the world listening. Every day, hundreds of millions of people all over the world use the products we build which include destinations like “Home” and “Search” as well as original playlists such as “Discover Weekly” and “Daily Mix.” We’re a team of technologists, product insight experts, designers, and product managers in Stockholm, Boston, New York, and London.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Product Manager to join the Personalisation mission to develop and evolve the suite of products for content programming, distribution and personalisation. Our job is to provide teams at Spotify with a platform and toolset that allows us to deliver personalised content experiences that combine cultural knowledge with the scale and accuracy of ML-driven personalisation.
Working with a multitude of internal stakeholders, spanning all disciplines within the company, your work will have a huge impact on Spotify’s ability to deliver the right content at the right time to our users.
You must be located in, or willing to relocate to, Stockholm, Sweden, where this team resides.
What you’ll do
- Form educated beliefs, backed by data and research around the content programming and personalisation domain.
- Manage the product vision for the team, set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals with a deep understanding of Spotify’s mission and strategies
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate, to a wide range of audiences, from internal stakeholders to all Spotify employees
- Work closely with stakeholders across the organisation to make sure that you and the team drive what’s needed to fulfil the company’s short- and long-term goals.
- Make sure that your team is strong and healthy – including capabilities, happiness, resilience and growth.
- Work to make sure your team is doing the right things, while not spreading too thinly. A healthy balance of innovation, support and maintenance are key for all successful teams at Spotify.
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
Who you are
- You are an interdisciplinary thinker, skilled at blending different perspectives in the pursuit of a mission.
- You get stuff done! As demonstrated by working as a product or project manager in high performing teams that have built, deployed, and iterated-on software applications.
- You are a problem solver who can connect the dots to see the big picture
- You have excellent leadership and relationship building skills.
- You are an excellent communicator and storyteller, engaging with your audience on a personal level.
- You have a proven track record of developing and managing world-class software products, preferably using agile development methodologies.
- You are structured and give close attention to details.
- You’re entrepreneurial and driven, but you’re also a gifted diplomat who can influence cross-functional teams without wielding formal authority.
- You have a proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organisation and in a variety of contexts.
- You are persistent and rational in that you put facts above speculation.
- Familiarity with large scale Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Domain knowledge of the music industry and/or online entertainment.
- Domain knowledge of machine learning and content personalisation.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come to be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.