We are looking for a passionate Senior Product Manager to drive a roadmap combining DevOps and Financial Operations (often referred to as a FinOps transformation) via cost insights analytics and cost engineering efforts. Your work will enable engineers at Spotify to make decisions that balance performance, efficiency, reliability, and quality–enabling teams to scale as speed, in a safe and sustainable manner. It presents a rare opportunity to be an early leader in this space as shown in our pioneering membership in the new FinOps Foundation.
This role sits in the Tech Procurement team within the Platform department. The Platform department creates the technology ecosystem that enables Spotify to learn and deliver quickly, while safely and easily scaling to billion customers, and enabling our rapid employee growth around the globe. Our team consists of six organisational units (known as ‘tribes’) that reflect the needs and groupings of our internal customers – from the shared approaches to supporting and aligning the craft and practice of designers, engineers, researchers, and data scientists – to the frameworks, capabilities and tools they need to do their work as effectively, quickly, and safely as possible. We are an amplifier for productivity, quality, and innovation across Spotify.
The Product Manager will be responsible for creating a product strategy, ensuring multiple teams (like Cost Engineering and Tech Financial Planning & Analyses) are aligned with robust and well-defined roadmaps and backlogs. You will work with team members from various Spotify groups, with a focus on finding scalable solutions with the goal of increasing both effectiveness and efficiency across our cloud technology (compute, storage, database, machine learning, observability, orchestration, developer tools, etc.) and its management (FinOps, procurement, finance, security, governance, etc).
You will build strong internal partnerships with Engineering, Finance, Security, and Legal, ensuring that all teams are collaborating and prioritizing key shared initiatives. You will be accountable for crafting critical metrics for measuring the overall impact and success. You are passionate about providing the best engineering experiences and insights. You will explore methods to both support and automate complex analytical tasks.
What you’ll do
- Serve as a product evangelist within Spotify and help everyone understand a FinOps Analytics vision, roadmap, and good practices
- Facilitate communication throughout the development process between a variety of internal teams as well as customer-facing teams, ensuring that products and ways of working satisfy Spotify needs and are highly adopted
- Use market analysis, stakeholder understanding, usability testing, and product management collaboration to bring the best of cloud monetization to Spotify
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and then work with analysts and developers to get it built and launched
- Bring a detailed eye for user experience and design to ensure features that drive high adoption, customer enthusiasm, and beneficial outcomes
- Organize regular strategic internal business reviews, including management by objectives
- Be entrusted to lead programs responsible for driving governance and behavioural change
- Contribute growing Spotify’s leadership in the tech industry, both within our partnership structures, as well as open forums such as finops.org
Who you are
- Someone with a genuine appreciation for the role of successful product management, analytics, external technical partnerships, and FinOps role at a company like Spotify – and you can share this passion for motivating the team and the broader organization
- Love to inspire engineering management and teams, building partnerships with using both the formal and informal network
- Comfortable with analytics and automation products, preferring cloud-native technologies and tools
- Passionate about management principles around internet-based technologies such as cloud computing, big data, or mobile computing, such as FinOps, Agile, Service Management, Governance and Technology Sourcing
- Experienced in developing both systems and processes at scale, combined into a continuously improving an auditable management system
- Interpersonal skills to build relationships between organizations at multiple levels: engineer-to-engineer, product manager-to-product manager, and tech-to-finance that yield long-term value
- Knowledgeable of trends in the tech industry and the marketplaces for cloud services, including experience with translating trends and needs into compelling strategies and highly usable products
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and the background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we deeply value and we encourage everyone to come to be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.