We are looking for a hardworking Product Manager to join Spotify’s Client Configuration Engineering team, an integral part of the Experimentation platform. This mission builds the platform to enable configurable aspects in Spotify clients which is needed for experimentation, feature flagging and client customisation. Client configuration is a core capability to contribute to the speed of development at Spotify. The customers of the team are engineers, analysts and product managers at Spotify. It is a platform with high reliability and scalability needs. The Client Configuration SDK exists for many clients (web, iOS, Android, backend) and is the pillar in our strive to create a phenomenal developer experience.
This role sits in the Infrastructure & Operations team within the Platform department. The Platform department creates the technology ecosystem that enables Spotify to learn and deliver quickly, while safely and easily scaling to billions of customers, and enabling our rapid employee growth around the globe. Our team consists of six organisational units (known as ‘tribes’) that reflect the needs and groupings of our internal customers – from the shared approaches to supporting and aligning the craft and practice of designers, engineers, researchers, and data scientists – to the frameworks, capabilities and tools they need to do their work as effectively, quickly, and safely as possible. We are an amplifier for productivity, quality, and innovation across Spotify.
What you’ll do
- Define and drive product vision, strategy and metrics, galvanising teams to follow you
- Understand the need for customising and configuring to support the Spotify business.
- Interest and willingness to work on both engineering and value proposition/strategy
- Deeply understand the needs around feature flagging.
- Balance needs around reliability, security and scale with building new features.
- Work closely to our Experimentation, mobile client, partner client and release team(s).
- Deeply care about and hone the developer experience of our customers.
- Work with the Engineering Manager to ensure healthy delivery – including capabilities, happiness, resilience, and growth.
- Ensure your team is doing the right things, while not being spread too thinly. A healthy balance of innovation, support and maintenance is key for successful teams at Spotify.
Who you are
- You are an interdisciplinary thinker, skilled at blending different perspectives in pursuit of a mission.
- You are passionate about building exceptional experiences and understand what a phenomenal platform that meet these needs looks like.
- You have excellent leadership and relationship building skills.
- You are an excellent communicator and storyteller, engaging with your audience on a personal level.
- You are good at sorting out ambiguity.
- You are structured and give close attention to details.
- You are persistent, rational and put facts above speculation.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.