At Spotify we have an ambitious view of experimentation that expands beyond our apps and software products. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead Spotify’s experimentation strategy from Spotify’s Data Mission.
The Data Mission tackles complex, data-intensive research questions, builds data platforms and apps, and cultivates Spotify’s data-first cross-team culture. You will collaborate with highly skilled researchers, engineers, data visualization experts, and others in a fast moving, multi-disciplinary environment. Above all, you will have a hand in building the world’s leading data driven organization and your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Act as the leader for Spotify’s experimentation strategy driving the cross functional effort to meet the ambitions of Spotify in experimentation.
- Define and develop a experimentation platform strategy including owning the short, medium and long term vision and execution of that strategy
- Coordinate a cultural shift across all of Spotify’s functions towards more robust and high quality experiments regardless of their background or technical understanding.
- Manage the entire product life cycle, whether decisions require reinvestment, transitioning to maintenance or product retirement
- Have your finger on the pulse of emerging technologies, and assess their relevance to Spotify and our developers and partake in and discuss the architecture/technical decisions made in the team
- Engage in your team and help them grow. Enable your team to deliver like clockwork with increasing quality
- Clearly communicate the vision, plans, objectives and performance measures and progress against plans to all stakeholders – tailoring communication as appropriate to ensure relevance to the audience
- Work from our office in New York
Who you are
- You are a seasoned experimentation expert and an organisational leader who can drive large organisation and strategic changes in a fast moving company like Spotify.
- You know how to influence decision making at all levels within an organisation, and in a variety of contexts.
- You are experienced at managing and developing complex and advanced products – including defining product roadmaps and long-term plans
- You are experienced at communicating concepts and ideas to stakeholders at all levels within organisations, including oral and written presentations, proposals, specifications, and reports.
- You have experience working with data engineering and/or data science problems and technologies.
- You care about about working in a well functioning team
- You care about data driven product development
- You have experience with agile development methodology
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.