We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager to join Spotify’s Connectivity Engineering team. This mission builds the perimeter at Spotify, handling inbound and outbound traffic to/from the Spotify backend. Supporting a plethora of clients (mobile, web, hardware, desktop, etc) to securely over a number of protocols (http1;2;3, gRPC, IPv4, IPv6).
The challenge is to build a very reliable, secure and cost-effective perimeter solution for the Spotify ecosystem at a massive scale (10 M requests per second). The team is currently engaged in building next generation perimeter platform, using new technologies such as Envoy.
This role sits in the Infrastructure & Operations team within the Platform department. The Platform department creates the technology ecosystem that enables Spotify to learn and deliver quickly, while safely and easily scaling to billion customers, and enabling our rapid employee growth around the globe. Our team consists of six organisational units (known as ‘tribes’) that reflect the needs and groupings of our internal customers – from the shared approaches to supporting and aligning the craft and practice of designers, engineers, researchers, and data scientists – to the frameworks, capabilities and tools they need to do their work as effectively, quickly, and safely as possible. We are an amplifier for productivity, quality, and innovation across Spotify.
What you’ll do
- Define and drive product vision, strategy and metrics, galvanizing teams to follow you
- Interest and willingness to work on both complex engineering and value proposition/strategy.
- Deeply understand how the perimeter needs to support the Spotify business.
- Stay on top of technology developments and evolve the perimeter accordingly.
- Balance needs around reliability, security, cost and scale with building new features.
- Work closely to compute, authentication and security team(s) at Spotify.
- Work with the Engineering Manager to ensure healthy delivery – including capabilities, happiness, resilience, and growth.
- Ensure your team is doing the right things, while not being spread too thinly. A healthy balance of innovation, support and maintenance are key for successful teams at Spotify.
Who you are
- You are an interdisciplinary thinker, skilled at blending different perspectives in the pursuit of a mission.
- You are passionate about building exceptional experiences and understand what a phenomenal platform that meets these needs looks like.
- You have excellent leadership and relationship building skills.
- You are an excellent communicator and storyteller, engaging with your audience on a personal level.
- You are good at sorting out ambiguity.
- You are structured and give close attention to details.
- You are persistent, rational and put facts above speculation.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.