The finance technology area is moving faster than ever before, and we’re looking for a passionate and experienced Senior Product Manager for the Business Systems area in New York. The Business Systems area lives and breathes automation, operational stability and efficiency for the financial systems in Spotify.
In this role, you will drive internal financial systems applications roadmaps and manage the associated portfolio of projects together with our Principal Product Manager. You will develop and maintain enterprise-level corporate applications for various financial teams, including our ERP-system NetSuite.
You will help develop the overall product strategy for enterprise business systems applications. You will partner with both business partners and engineering teams on continually improving and enhancing monthly and yearly close activities, enhance analytical capabilities as well as making sure that our system stack will be prepared on what’s coming in the future.
Spotify has recently migrated to NetSuite while continuing to maintain an additional rich set of financial applications and landscape. Spotify is at the beginning of a journey, and there’s lots to do in working with Finance, FP&A, Tax, Treasury, Accounting, and Engineering to continue to drive towards an efficient, compliant and scalable financial landscape.
What you’ll do
- Set the finance systems product strategy and roadmap in close collaboration with the stakeholders in FP&A, Tax, Treasury, Accounting, and Engineering and our Principal Product Manager.
- Partner with our stakeholders in New York and Stockholm to understand their current and future needs, and continually enhance business systems, including reporting and analysis capabilities, to meet ever-changing business requirements.
- Understand the business systems supplier landscape in order to make strategic decisions on what to buy and what to build.
- Form a close relationship with our supplier partners to understand and influence their roadmaps and support.
- Collaborate with our experienced Business Systems engineering managers, in Stockholm and New York, to build short-, mid- and long-term backlogs. There are a number of SaaS systems that Business Systems owns: NetSuite, Blackline, Coupa, and Concur. Our engineers develop SaaS customizations, integrations using Spotify technologies, as well as intelligent automations (RPA: Robotic Process Automation)
- Implement and follow up on business value measurements.
- Create compelling business cases to justify where to invest and where not to invest.
- You will be part of the area Business Systems leads team, together with squad Engineering Managers and the area lead.
- Work from our 4WTC office in NYC, with occasional travel to our Stockholm office, in Sweden
Who you are
- You are experienced working with financial systems like accounting-, vendor-, tax- systems in a global enterprise environment with massive amounts of transactions.
- Experience of SOX-compliance in a U.S. public company.
- You have a background in custom software development. Understanding tech and understanding our engineering teams is critical to being part of Business Systems.
- You have experience leading change (Software implementation, organization change or projects).
- You have experience working as a product manager, or similar, in high performing, cross-functional teams in a fast-changing environment.
- You can translate your area’s and your stakeholders’ knowledge and experience to user stories and prioritized backlog items.
- You are exceptional at communicating concepts and ideas to stakeholders at all levels, in different shapes depending on the context.
- You know how to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization and in a variety of contexts.
- You have experience with data-driven product development and knowledge of agile methodologies.
- You know how to map business processes and communicate them to stakeholders and process participants.
- You have experience of SaaS, Software as a Service financial systems.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply, and we encourage everyone to be a part of changing the way the world listens to music