We are looking for an experienced Product Designer to join a cross-functional team to optimize the customer journey to Spotify Premium. If the terms ‘Acquisition’, ‘Conversion’ and ‘Retention’ are a regular part of your daily work vocabulary, we would love to hear from you and consider you for our New York team.
In this key role, you’ll be part of the team responsible for our Premium acquisition and retention experiences, helping our customers understand the value of Premium and how it fits into their lives
You are an experienced designer who is able to go from early sketches on paper, perform user research, wireframes, prototypes as well as understand cross-functional partner requirements. In this role, you will have a lot of responsibilities and possibilities to influence and help shape our user’s journey to enjoying Spotify Premium.
What you’ll do
- Lead design projects, collaborating with team members based in New York, Stockholm, and London, working together across the entire product lifecycle with multiple launches.
- Understand customer needs in our markets around the world and shape our experiences to meet those needs
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- User research, validate concepts with end-users and partners, and turn insights into value-adding features and actionable deliverables.
- You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and business partners to find user centered and practical solutions to design challenges. Together, you’ll tackle problems and come up with solutions that delight our users.
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership of your work, and you take responsibility for every detail, every step of the way.
- Develop and refine user-centered design processes, and actively contribute to our forward-thinking work.
Who you are
- You have shown experience designing at consumer-focused product companies or digital agencies and delivering extraordinary user experiences.
- You have proven design chops. You’ve shipped products, and understand what it takes to craft valuable experiences for people.
- You have excellent communication skills together with analytical thinking and problem-solving capability. You love to break down and simplify complex problems and you are confident to present to mixed audiences at different levels of the organization
- You’re comfortable working with partners in business and marketing roles, and you can speak a shared language with them
- Strong conceptual thinking with an ability to understand user’s needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them into actionable deliverables.
- An enthusiastic and collaborative designer with the ability to contribute to a multi-disciplinary team.
- Someone who is willing to share your skills and experience with the rest of the design team and organization.
- You have a people-focused design mentality. You are constantly looking to refine your designs through user feedback, whether through hands-on user research, or designing options for A/B tests.
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us.
- Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of.