We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join a passionate and collaborative team of Designers, Engineers, Product Managers and Researchers here in London, dedicated to crafting and evolving products and services our Premium customers are happy to pay for and eager to share with their family and friends.
We recently announced an exciting achievement of 100 million Premium subscribers, but our journey is far from complete. As we continue to explore and expand the value we create for Spotify Premium customers, you’ll work on pushing our product experiences to the next level, in terms of the clarity they provide for our Premium subscribers, and the inspiration, joy and meaning they evoke.
You’ll be an experienced Product Designer who is able to go from early sketches on paper, to wireframes, to interactive prototypes- whatever is needed to generate the insights you and your cross-functional teammates require. In this role, you will have a lot of responsibilities to drive future-looking initiatives and to influence and shape our user’s journey to enjoying Spotify Premium.
What you’ll do
- Lead design projects, collaborating with team members based in New York, Stockholm, working together across the entire product lifecycle with multiple launches.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- User research, validate concepts with end-users and partners, and turn insights into value-adding features and actionable deliverables.
- You’ll partner cross-functionally to find user-centered and practical solutions to design challenges that delight our users.
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership of your work, and you take responsibility for every detail, every step of the way.
- Develop and refine design processes, and actively contribute to our forward-thinking work.
Who you are
- You have experience designing at consumer-focussed product companies or digital agencies and delivering outstanding user experience.
- You have proven design chops. You’ve shipped many products, and understand what it takes to create valuable experiences for people.
- You have excellent communication skills together with analytical thinking and problem-solving capability. You love to break down and simplify complex problems and you are confident to present to mixed audiences at different levels of the organization.
- Strong conceptual thinking with an ability to understand user’s needs, motivations and behaviours and translate them into actionable deliverables.
- An enthusiastic and collaborative designer with the ability to contribute to a multi-disciplinary team.
- Someone who is willing to share your skills and experience with the rest of the design team and organization.
- You have a people-focused design mentality. You are constantly looking to refine your designs through user feedback, whether through hands-on user research, or designing options for A/B tests.
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of.