We are looking for an experienced designer to be a strategic design contributor on a team committed to identifying growth opportunities. The team works to win new audiences and markets and to building product /features those audiences and markets want.
What you’ll do
- Lead design projects intended for unique audience use cases and markets around the world.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams made up of representatives from engineering, product, product insights, and marketing, among others.
- You’ll take into account existing insights, technical constraints, business needs, and specific market demands to produce data-informed solutions.
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership of your work and full responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way, from whiteboard sketching to high-fidelity final treatments.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes, understanding when deeper exploration is warranted and when it is best to change paths and try another approach.
Who you are
- You have at least 7 years of experience designing at consumer-focused product companies; experience designing for multiple platforms is a huge plus.
- You are an incredible designer with amazing design chops. You’ve shipped many consumer products/features over the years and are equally skilled at interaction and visual design; bonus skills include motion design and prototyping skills.
- You have an aptitude for translating and documenting design ideas into visuals that can be shared with all parts of the business.
- You possess a strong understanding of usability and user experience principles.
- You take calculated risks: you’re comfortable with designing to learn, unafraid of making mistakes (because they are a part of learning), and can temper your analytical skills with intuition and creative ambition.
- You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts. Also instrumental is the ability to speak confidently to your own design work and convince others of your reasoning.
- You have a people-focused design mentality and want to design and build products/features that truly have meaningful impact.
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.