We are looking for an experienced designer to join as a key member the design language system teams inside Spotify’s Design Platform department. You’ll articulate a shared vision, craft compelling stories and set inspiring creative direction.
You can’t stop talking about design systems, collaboration and inclusion. You listen closely to end-users and your collaborators and are able to inspire others by executing to an exceptional standard of craft.
What you’ll do
- Work day-to-day in a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, writers and product managers to build and maintain our core, cross-platform design system
- Collaborate with other design systems teams on evolving our shared processes and tooling to support a large number of teams working on a diverse array of products
- Be a key driver of the evolution of Spotify’s visual language
- Play a leadership role and empower our internal community of 190+ globally distributed designers by partnering and mentoring
- Create work that scales and flexes across a variety of audiences, devices, platforms and form factors ranging from phones, PCs over game consoles, connected fridges and cars to voice speakers and VR
- Be autonomous. You take full ownership of your work and drive your personal development. And you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Work from our Stockholm office with occasional travel to our other major R&D centers (NYC, Boston, London and Gothenburg)
Who you are
- You have several years of experience working in-house for consumer-facing digital product companies
- You are familiar and comfortable working within and contributing to large design systems that you may or may not own directly.
- You have phenomenal visual design craft skills, are detail-oriented and have a deep understanding of design fundamentals
- You value inclusive design and accessibility and don’t believe it has to mean compromising aesthetics
- You think of interfaces as dynamic and love thinking about motion and flows
- You are technically-minded, interested in code as the material digital products are made of (though you don’t necessarily have to code yourself in your a day-to-day practice)
- You are intimately familiar with the capabilities and constraints of several of today’s and tomorrow’s digital devices and platforms
- You have a user- and data-focused design mentality. You are constantly looking to hone your teams instincts through user feedback and data insight. You understand the role and importance of qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- You get nervous if you’re not sketching concepts, tweaking flows or polishing the designs that represent the big-thinking work. Your head is in the clouds while your feet are on the ground.
- You are a thoughtful designer, critical thinker who questions the status quo and strives for improvement
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us
We’re looking for product designers to join us at multiple levels. We will have an open discussion throughout the interview process about assessing which level you fall within at Spotify.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.