Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
We are looking for an experienced designer to be the design owner and strategic partner to tech and product on our key initiatives. Someone who is passionate about developing beautiful designs based on the insights of real people, has the mastery of their craft to turn these insights into stunning products (both interactions and visuals) and inspire the organization by showing/storytelling what is possible before it is built.
Who you are
- You must have at least 5 years’ experience designing at consumer-focused tech or media companies.
- An incredible designer with amazing design chops. You’ve shipped many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to create awesome, consumer-oriented experiences.
- You’re a great communicator. You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts.
- You have a people-focused design mentality. Even though you have incredible chops, you are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A/B test.
- Experience designing for web, tablet, desktop or PWA apps is a must.
- A link to your online portfolio, or a PDF, is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
What you’ll do
- Work with a small multi-disciplinary team. You’ll partner closely with Tech, Product, and Design folks to create elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- Let users lead the way. Our users inform where we are going. Our teams focus on listening to users, and letting their needs guide us to the best solutions. It’s important for us to know we are solving for real people and not just the loudest voice in the room.
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Rapidly produce prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.