Soundtrap is an easy-to-use audio creation studio under the umbrella of Spotify. It’s cloud based, has collaborative features and works on almost all devices. Great musicians and artists – established or not – shouldn’t have to be tech-savvy on audio engineering, so we are making it possible for almost anyone to be able to focus on their creativity and not the complexity that comes with many recording and editing tools today.
Would you like to work on ideas to innovate the way people make music and podcasting? We are looking forward to welcoming a new creative problem solver to our team in Stockholm as a Senior Product Designer. You will be exploring new ways of crafting new experiences that makes Soundtrap stand out – not only in the quality of the product – but making it the best collaborative music tool out there.
At Soundtrap, we put a strong emphasis on design and user experience, we believe that the design profession plays a vital role to build a successful product. As a Senior Product Designer you will work collaboratively with designers, engineers, developers, researchers, business stakeholders and product managers to be a part of a design process – from vision to measuring the real impact of your work. You will take part in discovering findings to improve and invent new features, understanding and developing aspects of the user journey, building user interfaces and prototyping them.
- Immersed into the Soundtrap product to understand and improve the user experience, from the big picture to the smallest of details
- Contributing to projects of high complexity that involves teams of multiple disciplines
- Working together with the Soundtrap team and other teams within Spotify to develop, design and iterate features to improve engagement and feeling of delight for users
- Working closely with product managers, engineers, developers, product insight experts and business teams to ensure that design is implemented as intended
- Exploring new ideas and making them tangible through prototyping and visualisation
- A strong commitment to objectives on how design can impact growth by using data and user insight to create business impact
- A primary objective to serve our users, by being able to define knowledge needed to understand behaviour and translate those findings into solutions for a product eco-system
- Strong ability to communicate the rationale and thought process behind ideas and solutions and collaborate with people from different disciplines with different needs
- Experience working with multiple form factors – web, desktop, mobile apps etc.
- Strong sense for solving problems and generating ideas around sophisticated interactions
- Team oriented contributor with a constructively critical mindset
- Ability to deliver high quality designs, presentations and specifications in a timely manner
- BA, MA, BS, MS in Design (Interaction, Graphic, Product etc.), Human Computer Interaction, or equivalent
- Experience with methods of UX and design related processes
- Proficiency with adequate design tools and software
- Working proficiency in English
- A portolfio attached in your application
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.