At Spotify, we’ve connected millions of people to their favourite songs and created a service that people use to discover and enjoy music they love. We’re in 55+ markets…and counting! We aim to revolutionize the way people consume music, and we’ll need some very talented people to help us achieve our mission.
As Senior Program Manager, Privacy and part of Spotify’s Business and Legal Affairs team, you will conduct technical privacy reviews and partner with marketing and engineering teams to achieve privacy compliant solutions, that earn, build, and maintain customer trust. In this role you main objective will be to identify and reduce risk for internal and external scenarios impacting customers, partners, employees and other potential data subjects. The job will entail getting deeply involved in ensuring that Spotify’s offerings are designed, built and maintained in a way that complies with applicable data privacy obligations around the world.
Our objective is always to fulfill our legal obligations properly, and we recognize that we can distinguish ourselves by achieving that goal in the smartest and most sensible way. We are looking for someone who can understand and interact with the highest levels of the organization while having a command of the technical details and requirements of privacy on a daily basis.
This is a full time role that will be located in Stockholm.
What you’ll do
- Help teams conduct technical privacy risk assessments for products, services, and communications across Spotify
- Evaluate features, UI, and functionality to identify and mitigate any privacy-impacting concerns
- Ensure products, services, and communications comply with Spotify privacy standards, as well as any other legal requirements
- Partner as necessary with teams to develop customized solutions; engaging other security, privacy and legal professionals as necessary
- Document reviews and ensure all relevant information is accounted for to help ensure compliance with audit-level requirements
- Propose new features, functionality, and tools to drive improvements into the privacy compliance process
- Identify and drive escalations to the office of the DPO and executive management as necessary.
- Evangelize privacy principles including better integration in the development cycle
Who you are/what you have:
- You have a solid experience of technical project management in the group function of a multinational corporation
- You have at least 2 years of leadership experience and can demonstrate strong leadership skills and previous PM experience as part of a feature crew/team
- Experience of developing and tracking quality measures/metrics/KPIs
- Previous ownership and delivery of functional specifications/plans
- Attention to detail and willingness to dive into technical details of features to deliver privacy requirements and innovations
- Outstanding cross-group collaboration skills and proven ability to drive initiatives across organizations
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills in English
- Preferably, you have a Bachelor degree within the field of software or systems development, but this is not a requirement
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP, or CIPM) is preferred
- Deep knowledge and passion for end user privacy (and ability to learn quickly and apply learnings throughout the organization)
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.