The Spotify Trust & Safety team is dedicated to creating a platform that’s safe for users and creators and true to our values.
We are seeking an outstanding Senior Policy Manager to join our growing Trust & Safety team. As a Senior Policy Manager, you will play a key role in how we define, enforce, and communicate our stance on policy issues (e.g. hate content) across ads, podcasts, music, and all other forms of user-generated content.
What you’ll do
- Help define the Trust & Safety team structure, departmental goals, and execution strategy.
- Research, draft, implement, and constantly iterate on our policies to ensure that interactions on Spotify reflect our values and that our platform is a safe place for our users and creators.
- Build strong relationships with Operations, Legal, Product, Engineering, Public Policy, and Communication teams in order to identify and understand opportunities to improve policies and enforcement processes.
- Drive internal and external awareness and understanding of our policies and the rationale behind them.
- You will report directly to the Head of Trust & Safety and will work closely with other Managers on the team.
Who you are
- BA/BS degree required.
- 7-10+ years experience drafting, reviewing, and/or enforcing policies for ads, podcasts, music, video, and/or another other form of user-generated content.
- A deep understanding of the online safety trends and landscape, especially issues related free-expression.
- Previous experience handling complex escalations and communicating with leadership during crisis management situations.
- Proven ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously across time-zones.
- Team player with ability to work autonomously.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.