Spotify is seeking a Senior Operations Manager, Legal to join our dynamic Legal, Licensing & Government Affairs (LGA) team working out of our NYC office. You will be responsible for designing, managing and enforcing operational processes, planning and reporting, including project managing new process roll outs. You will be empowered and encouraged to question the effectiveness of current processes and procedures in order to drive change to increase the efficiency of our LGA team. This role will be a change agent, leading efforts to drive efficiency, innovate and improve internal client experiences. As part of the role, you should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a broad set of responsibilities.
This role will be viewed as ambassador in shaping best practices and building credibility with business stakeholders.
What You’ll Do:
- Operations and Execution
- Define, build, and optimize Legal process and operations structure considering complexity, risk, costs, data insights.
- Ensure daily Legal operations are running smoothly, are fully documented, communicated to and adopted by stakeholders (end-to-end process, templates, policies/rules of engagement, roles and responsibilities)
- Build out internal customer support model and process
- Change Management/ Collaboration
- Serious focus on stakeholder management across Legal functions
- Act as Operations resource for Legal team to answer questions, breakdown problems, assess Ops’ ability to assist and/or advise Legal on steps forward
- Partner as necessary with teams to develop operational solutions; engaging other dependencies and subject matter experts as necessary
- Partner with Project Managers on project rollouts for new tools and process changes in order to increase the efficiency of our LGA team globally
- Best Practices/ Innovation
- Perform and document process reviews and ensure all relevant information is accounted for to help ensure compliance with audit-level requirements
- Propose new process/solutions based on data gathered from daily operations to drive improvements
- Provide insight that drives productivity – Own monthly assembly of productivity dashboards/data
- People Management
- This role may be required to manage and develop a team
- Strategic Planning
- Observe processes across different practice areas and regions with a strategic and consultative focus to drive change, lower cost, and increase productivity
- Leverage your experience as a senior-level leader, thinking strategically, and communicating well both within the team and throughout the organization
- Identify and implement new processes and approaches that advance the efficiency of the team and the accuracy of data used by the business. Often through developing ways to sustainably automate human processes.
- Evaluate alternative service delivery models of Legal services
Who You Are:
- You have a bachelor’s degree (MBA a plus) and experience in operations. Experience working within a corporate legal department a plus.
- You have a proven record of building a best in class Operations at scale
- You have an excellent ability to understand business issues quickly; evaluate risks and exercise sound judgment
- You have excellent stakeholder management & communication with the ability to operate independently and work cross-functionally across the organization
- You have the ability to influence without authority, articulate the value of change, and effectively build consensus across functions
- You are flexible working in a company experiencing rapid growth with excellent ability to manage multiple operational areas simultaneously
- You have strong written, oral communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to identify process and gaps within the team and business. Able to put in place an action plan to lead a cross-functional team to resolution and inform others of possible consequences of inaction
- You have a superb track record of diligence, precision, creativity and innovation in work
- You are able to create clarity when there is a lack of clear business priorities.
- You embody the Spotify values: innovative, collaborative, sincere, passionate, playful
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.