We are currently looking for a passionate and analytical Network Engineer to join our office infrastructure team in Stockholm, Sweden, a part of Spotify Productivity Engineering Tribe. Our team is responsible for engineering our offices worldwide from a network infrastructure perspective and we look forward to adding more members to our collaboration efforts.
You will help to shape the future of our infrastructure, including the design and improvements of our networks at all our offices, with a focus on uniformity, scalability, efficiency, and security.
Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- You will share high level responsibility for office infrastructure worldwide, including VPN tunnels, firewalls, switching and WiFi.
- You will build tools and frameworks to help other teams do their job more efficiently – like automation!
- You will help grow the team with collaboration, processes and workflows.
- You will participate in the team’s on-call rotation.
- You will together with the team own the network design and work on improving it.
Who you are
- You have extensive experience in this role or equivalent practical experience
- You have worked with some of the following vendors: HP, Palo Alto, Fortinet, Cisco, or Opengear. We are using a mixed tech stack and it’s important that you have multi-vendor experience.
- You have strong work experience in the network engineering field, preferably with a similar, high tech, high energy company, using agile development methodologies.
- You have a solid knowledge of TCP/IP.
- You love to improve workflow efficiency and explore the latest automation solutions in our industry, if not developing them yourself!
- It’s a plus if you have worked with monitoring and centralised management solutions for network environments such as LibreNMS, RANCID, Cisco Prime, Panorama or similar tools.
- You have experience managing both wired and wireless networks.
- You have a strong understanding of Linux and feel most comfortable working in the terminal.
- You have experience developing scripts or sysadmin tools in languages such as Python or Ruby and are happy to call upon this skill in this role.
- You’re creative, curious, eager to learn, and you quickly pick up on new trends and technologies.
- You are pragmatic and understand the trade-off between the perfect solution and the working solution.
- You are analytical and don’t shy away from problems to which you don’t have an immediate answer. You aren’t afraid to admit when you don’t understand something and you ask for help when you need to.
- You are a team player with a customer service mentality and actively collaborate with people around you to find solutions to problems.
- You naturally want to document your work and spread your knowledge and learnings with others.
- You have experience working in a globally distributed team and understand the role clear and asynchronous communication plays in compensating for the associated challenges.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music