We are looking for engaged and enthusiastic Senior Mobile Engineers to join one of our teams in our fast growing London, UK R&D site. Across Spotify we are working together in autonomous teams that take full responsibility for their own part of the Spotify ecosystem. Some teams work with a feature like search, others focus on supporting monitoring or making it super easy to deploy features on a certain type of client. Together we try to find new ways to build a phenomenal Spotify experience for all our users at all times. We are looking for someone who can drive development and delivery, build sound architecture and foster best practices in mobile and mentoring other engineers to grow.
You will play an important part in our mobile engineering practice, implementing new features, improving performance, and building beautiful user interfaces.
Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Drive best engineering practices within your team(s) and define and teach these.
- Find ways to spread learning and knowledge sharing across the organization, leveling up our engineering practices.
- Mentor other engineers.
- Facilitate collaboration between engineers, product owners, and designers.
- Build state of the art iOS/Android apps that bring the happiness of music to millions of users.
- Write clear, maintainable code that will scale across a number of projects and distributed development teams
- Become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team.
- Work from our office in London but there will be some travelling to NYC and Stockholm.
Who you are
- You know how to working hands-on as a Software Engineer in an agile environment.
- You are an experienced Software Engineer with several years of either Objective-C/ C++ and/or Java/Android
- You have a deep understanding of the product and business goals which you can translate into tech.
- You care about building and shipping high-quality code
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions that you can tell us about
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.