We are looking for an experienced Senior Revenue Accounting Operations Manager to lead the global revenue accounting operation specially on Spotify’s global AR and billing, premium subscription operations and order management compliance function & revenue close process. The ideal candidate will have at least 8 years of combined experience in a leadership role at a global organization listed in the U.S. and public accounting firms. The position is based in NYC.
What you will do
- Oversee Global Premium Revenue operations, Global AR and order management compliance functions.
- Manage Premium subscription and payment activities includes execution of monthly revenue close
- Manage all billing and cash activities under Global AR process includes execution of monthly AR close.
- Manage all Advertising insertion orders and other sales compliance activities, includes identifying risks, opportunities, and execution on process improvements to scale the Ad Sales business.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of the Company’s financials and timely close process in accordance with IFRS standards, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, regulatory guidelines
- Ensure achievement of key operational metrics.
- Lead the implementation of best practices to scale our business and global revenue expansion
- Work closely with key business partners on policies, processes and programs, for example, Legal, Sales, Sales Operations, FP&A, Payment, Tax, Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting teams.
- Partner with IT/Engineering and key business owners to drive key system initiatives and improvements.
- Responsible for revenue operations integrations in acquisitions in the respective area.
- Lead, influence, and mentor team members to achieve expected outcome and a focus on continuous improvements.
- Other responsibilities include but are not limited to participate in special projects, systems implementation and enhancements or ad hoc analyses as assigned.
- Travel required approximately 5-10% of total work time.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with CPA or CA required.
- Minimum of 8 years related experience with combined public accounting firm and global public company.
- Experience in managing teams with an emphasis in people management and team development.
- Experience at a public company and with major ERP system required
- Strategic thinker and problem solver with the ability to transform goals into actionable plans.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, strong analytical and communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to collaborate with teams.
- Makes sound decisions on routine matters in support of immediate work group’s goals.
- Having worked in public companies with international operations is a must, preferred if listed in the U.S.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.