We are looking for an experienced Senior Revenue Accounting Operations Manager to lead the global revenue accounting operation specially on premium subscription operations & revenue close process. The ideal candidate will have at least 8 years of combined experience in a leadership role at a global organization listed in the U.S. and public accounting firms. The position is based in NYC.
What you’ll do
- Oversee Global Premium Revenue operations, which includes execution of monthly global revenue close.
- Manage Premium subscription and payment activities includes execution of monthly revenue close.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of the Company’s financials and timely close process in accordance with IFRS standards, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, regulatory guidelines
- Work with Technical Accounting team to implement company-wide revenue accounting policies and practices to ensure compliance with IFRS.
- Lead the implementation of best practices to scale our business and global revenue expansion
- Work closely with key business partners on policies, processes and programs, for example, Legal, Business development, FP&A, Payment, Tax, Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting teams.
- Partner with IT/Engineering and key business owners to drive key system initiatives and improvements.
- Responsible for revenue operations integrations in acquisitions in the respective area.
- Ensure achievement of key operational metrics.
- Lead, influence, and mentor team members to achieve expected outcome and a focus on continuous improvements.
- Other responsibilities include but are not limited to participate in special projects, systems implementation and enhancements or ad hoc analyses as assigned.
- Travel required approximately 5-10% of total work time.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with CPA or CA required.
- Big 4 Public Accounting Firm experience required.
- Minimum of 8 years related experience with combined public accounting firm and global public company.
- Experience in subscriptions/payment/credit card transactions systems and processes.
- Experience in managing teams with an emphasis in people management and team development.
- Experience at a public company and with major ERP system required (Netsuite, Oracle or SAP).
- Strategic thinker and problem solver with the ability to transform goals into actionable plans.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, strong analytical and communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to collaborate with teams.
- Makes sound decisions on routine matters in support of immediate work group’s goals.
- Having worked in public companies with international operations is a must, preferred if listed in the U.S.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.