Spotify’s growth team is on a mission to attract a billion music and podcast fans across the globe to the platform—to enjoy and be inspired by human creativity. As a senior manager of product insights, you will lead a 10+ person team of some of the best user researchers and data scientists in the industry on a quest to produce the small and big data that is required to unlock that goal.
You will join a cross-functional leadership team of Design, Tech, and Product leaders and deliver complex learning strategies focused on driving growth through content experiences and flagship marketing initiatives such as the annual Wrapped campaign. You will power the development of a robust automated marketing system with testing strategy and insights along with exploring new levers for growth through foundational research. You will represent the work of your team to senior leadership in the organization and in the company, contribute thought leadership to the larger insights practice, and provide strong people leadership to managers, data scientists and user researchers in your organization.
We are looking for a leader who will help the team identify key product and marketing levers for user growth and systematically test, optimize and establish value for each. You will generate growth forecasts and drive improvements in user acquisition, engagement and long term growth by measuring and optimizing new channels, platforms, product features, and strategic marketing initiatives. Ultimately, you will empower the team to study user behavior, marketing strategies, markets, content, new features and bring data and insights into every decision we make.
Who you are
- You have at least 5 years of experience with leading insights teams in quantitative and/or qualitative methods with experience managing managers
- You have a background in Data Science and/or User Research with ability to instill a culture of rigor and excellence in mixed methods insights work
- You have a passion and a vision for generating formative and evaluative insights in the intersection of marketing and product development
- You have experience in running complex experiments at large scale and are able to move with speed without compromising the integrity of insights work
- You deeply value and have experience with hiring, coaching and leading diverse and high-performing teams
- You have a user and data-focused mentality.
- You understand the role and importance of qualitative and quantitative methodologies and when to deploy them
- You’re a fantastic communicator and can work cross-functionally with business stakeholders
- You are hungry to learn and evolve in all things. From leadership skills to craft to process to industry and market trends — you never stop pushing into the next big challenge
- You bring passion and playfulness to your work and those around you
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.