We are looking for a passionate and seasoned engineering leader to join Spotify’s Infrastructure & Operations (I/O Tribe) team. Our goal is to enable Spotify engineers to build features at scale, faster and with higher quality than any other company in industry. We build the foundational libraries, tools, and microservices used by all feature and infrastructure engineers at Spotify. In addition, we are responsible for many of the core services need for Spotify to run (e.g., connectivity, login, user data, etc. for 175M+ customers worldwide).
You will be lead a team of 6-8 first line engineering managers and be accountable for the delivery of engineering solutions by a team of around 60 engineers based in our Stockholm, Sweden office. You will be responsible for ensuring the team balances all of the following: working at a fast, but sustainable pace; delivering on its promises to customers; exploring (and contributing to) new open source cloud native technologies; and apply best practices to develop world-class, quality software.
What you’ll do
- Be accountable for delivery of engineering solutions across I/O’s Stockholm office
- Lead a Stockholm-based team of 6-8 engineering managers and 60+ engineers
- Collaborate with I/O leaders in Product, UX, and Delivery (in Stockholm and the US) to ensure teams deliver on customer commitments while maintaining quality and innovation
- Continuously improve the process of software delivery, from estimation to deployment, to ensure sound engineering practices while maintaining a sustainable pace of delivery
- Share methods for high-quality, sustainable, agile software delivery–inside and outside Spotify–to help make Spotify a technology industry leader
Who you are
- You have a passion for solving large-scale distributing computing challenges and experience using technologies in several of the following areas: microservices, storage, containerisation, continuous delivery, orchestration, and service meshes.
- You have a strong technical background as evidenced by multiple engineering leadership roles of growing seniority with a personal preference for remaining highly technical.
- You have a proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization, and in a variety of contexts
- Your teams are operating effective software development environments including agile, continuous improvement and continuous delivery
- You have a servant leadership mindset and you subscribe to the cultural values loved at Spotify.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.