Spotify Internal Audit (IA) is looking for a talented and driven Internal Audit Senior Manager to join our fast growing Internal Audit team. Aside from leading critical areas of our SOX program, our team also supports many diverse risk management and compliance efforts across Spotify. You will work broadly across our global organization to identify areas of operational, financial, and technology risk and help the teams mitigate those risks. And most of all, you like high-paced environments and thrive in strong, collaborative and international team environments.
This position is based in New York City, NY and reports to the Director of Internal Audit. Some travel will be required.
What you’ll do
- Together with the Director of Internal Audit, assist to develop the strategic direction for our Financial Business Processes pillar and Internal Audit program. Work together with the team to develop the annual Internal Audit and SOX testing plans, taking direction from the Board of Directors, Audit Committee, and Senior Management.
- Manage a team of international Internal Audit professionals, demonstrate outstanding leadership capabilities, share your ideas and perspectives with the team, and help us continue to improve.
- Lead the execution of the enterprise risk assessments, lead operational reviews, support investigations, and support compliance and regulatory projects such as GDPR and PCI.
- Support our SOX internal control strategy, implementation, and annual assessment process. Work closely with our external auditors.
- Assist business functions in assessing risks, develop governance models, and evaluate compliance impacts of employing new technologies including advanced data analytics and robotic process automation. Support evaluation how these technologies could be applied within IA.
- Collaborate with functional leads and provide risk and compliance support as changes in business, process and technology happen regularly and at a fast pace.
- Monitor industry and regulatory (SEC, PCAOB, IFRS) developments and develop recommendations for policy, process, technology and internal control improvements.
- Partner with our business functions and provide thought leadership and guidance to support their regulatory and compliance obligations.
Who you are
- Bachelor degree with major in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance. CPA/CA, CIA, or CISA is a merit. Big 4 experience is a merit.
- Strong knowledge of internal control principles (e.g. COSO), financial and operational processes, risks and risk management, and IT general controls is required.
- Current knowledge of IFRS is considered a strong merit.
- Significant experience working with SOX control frameworks, especially with technology/media companies is required.
- Demonstrates a strong sense of curiosity and willingness to get a deep understanding of the business, processes, technologies, and risks in order to provide value and insights and help us improve and achieve our goals.
- Experience in working with data analytics, and other emerging technologies like robotic process automation, machine learning is a strong merit.
- Experience with NetSuite and/or other similar cloud ERP is a plus, as is experience with analytical tools like Tableau.
- Experience working with Archer or other similar GRC tool is a merit.
- Experience working with multinational organizations is required; experience working with a SEC registrant is a must.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.