Spotify Internal Audit (IA) is looking for a Internal Audit Senior Manager to support the evolution of our Enterprise Risk Management program, enhance the risk-based internal audit methodology, to execute on operational, compliance and financial internal audit reviews.
We are looking for a highly qualified risk management and internal audit professional, who will work across our global organization to identify risks, help manage their impact on the organization, and influence decisions in the business. The candidate must be a master relationship builder and be comfortable and highly effective in an ambiguous, rapidly changing environment.
This role is based in New York City and will report to the IA Lead of Internal Audit Operations & Enterprise Risk Management. Some travel will be required.
What You’ll Do:
- Together with the IA Lead, assist to develop the strategic direction for our IA Operations and Enterprise Risk Management pillar.
- Drive risk assessments and dynamic audit planning, to develop and deliver a risk based Internal Audit plan, taking direction from the Board of Directors, Audit Committee, and Senior Management.
- Coordinate Enterprise Risk Management activities including risk identification, continuous risk assessment, risk mitigation/risk acceptance, risk remediation including driving accountability for risk management through the organization.
- Conducts top-down risk assessments and supports bottoms-up functional risk assessments, all of which are considered in developing the annual internal audit plan.
- Develop and enhance ERM practices, tools and policies to identify, prioritize, assess, mitigate, monitor and report on risks and opportunities across the enterprise, based on best practices and benchmarking against other technology and non-technology company ERM programs.
- Fosters an integrated risk management approach through coordination with other risk functions (e.g., Legal, Privacy and Information Security) to align on methodology and approach, as well as with functions to enhance operating controls, minimize duplication of effort and maximize execution.
- Develops and delivers audience-appropriate ERM trainings to enhance the “culture” of risk management and application of risk management in business processes, and build a culture of proactive risk identification.
Coach and mentor a team of audit professionals to execute internal audits and projects, ensuring proper training, consistent execution and audit skill development.
- Bring thought leadership, leading practice frameworks, audit process improvements, and contribute to the continuous improvement of the department.
- Develop and enhance Internal Audit methodology and tools to ensuring consistency in quality and execution of internal audits.
- Lead, coach and mentor of team of managers, seniors and staff to ensure proper training, consistent execution and audit skill development.
- Prepare reporting for the Head of Internal Audit, Senior Management, and the Audit Committee on risks, portfolio of audits, and outcomes.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor degree with major in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance. CPA/CA, CIA, or CISA is a merit. Big 4 experience is a merit.
- 12+ years of experience with Big Four risk management and/or internal audit
- Experience working, implementing and auditing key risk frameworks including COSO, ISO, NIST.
- Strong knowledge of internal audit and internal control principles (e.g. COSO), financial and operational processes, risks and risk management is required.
- Demonstrated ability to assess complex issues through root cause analysis and other analytical techniques; structure potential solutions; drive to resolution with senior stakeholders.
- Possesses a high energy level, intellectual curiosity and strong work ethic with a commitment to continuous improvement in a dynamic and changing environment.
Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized
- Strong relationship management, communication and interpersonal skills to interact comfortably and persuasively with senior/executive level management.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
- Track record of effectively assessing and managing competing priorities to deliver high quality and timely work.
- Experience working with multinational organizations is required; experience working with a SEC FPI is a merit.
- Experience working with Archer or other similar GRC tool is a merit.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.