Spotify Internal Audit (IA) is looking for an Internal Audit Senior Manager to support the evolution of our Internal Audit function; enhance the risk-based internal audit methodology; lead and support the execution of operational, compliance and financial internal audit reviews.
We are looking for a highly qualified risk management and internal audit professional, who will work across our global organization to identify risks, help manage their impact on the organization, and influence decisions in the business. You will evolve the Internal Audit methodology, practices and tools to enable the execution and delivery of high quality timely audits by the Internal Audit team, as well as practically apply the methodology yourself to lead assurance and advisory projects within areas such as revenue and sales, bundle partnerships, finance and accounting, compliance and legal.
To be effective, you’ll stay close to Spotify’s business and technology strategy roadmaps to ensure that IA is engaged where it counts and to develop a deep understanding of Spotify’s business. You’ll thrive in this position if you are a master relationship builder, and effective in agile, fast-moving organizations and enjoy working in a high-performing and highly-collaborative international team environment. Additionally, you’ll provide insights on new ways to perform internal audits, guidance to junior auditors, and counsel to teams about control improvements. Ideal candidates have experience working with technology companies working in cloud environments and developing products via Agile methodologies.
This role is based in New York City and will report to the Director, Internal Audit Operations & Enterprise Risk Management. Some travel will be required.
What You’ll Do:
- Support the Director, Internal Audit Operations & Enterprise Risk Management in the development of the IA Operations and Enterprise Risk Management pillar. While people management is not part of this role at this time, the candidate will provide coaching to team members as appropriate.
- Drive risk assessments and dynamic audit planning, to develop and deliver a risk based Internal Audit plan, taking direction from the Board of Directors, Audit Committee, and Senior Management.
- Project management and implementation of large enterprise initiatives for the Internal Audit team, which may extend to other compliance functions.
- Develop and enhance the Internal Audit methodology, practices, policies and tools, to ensure consistency in quality and execution of all internal audits.
- Manage and perform the full lifecycle of internal audits, including scoping, testing, deficiency confirmation, and reporting for audits that cover both business and technology risks.
- Together with the team, lead and support assurance and advisory projects, working with and managing stakeholder expectations.
- Lead, coach and mentor a team of audit professionals to execute internal audits and projects, ensuring proper training, consistent execution and audit skill development.
- Proactively develop and maintain strategic partnerships within the Internal Audit team, the business, and respective support areas across Spotify.
- Fosters an integrated risk management approach through coordination with other risk functions (e.g., Legal, Privacy and Information Security) to align on methodology and approach, to enhance operating controls, minimize duplication of effort and maximize execution.
- Prepare reporting for the Head of Internal Audit, Senior Management, and the Audit Committee on risks, portfolio of audits, and outcomes.
- Bring thought leadership, leading practice frameworks, benchmarking of other Internal Audit functions, to support the sustainability and implementation of the Professional Practices program, and contribute to the continuous improvement of the Internal Audit department.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor degree with a major in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance. CPA/CA, CIA, or CISA is a merit.
- Big 4 experience and internal audit experience in industry are strong merits.
- 12+ years of experience working, implementing and auditing key risk frameworks including COSO, ISO, NIST.
- Strong knowledge of internal audit and internal control principles (e.g. COSO), financial and operational processes, risks and risk management is required.
- Strong relationship management, communication and interpersonal skills to build networks, and interact comfortably and persuasively with the business including senior/executive level management.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills, with close attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging.
- Demonstrated ability to understand business context and processes to identify risks; assess complex issues through root cause analysis; structure potential solutions; drive to resolution with senior stakeholders.
- Demonstrated exemplary time management skills and effectively multi-task to deliver multiple projects to a high quality within time-frame constraints.
- Experience working in the technology industry and/or with companies that develop software with a worldwide consumer user base. Experience with the music and entertainment industry is a merit.
- Possesses a high energy level, intellectual curiosity and strong work ethic with a commitment to continuous improvement in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Experience working with multinational organizations is required; experience working with a SEC FPI is a merit.
- Experience working with Archer or other similar GRC tool is a merit.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.