We are looking for an outstanding Sr. Manager to join our Free Business Monetization FP&A team in New York. S/he will report into the Director FP&A and will provide the Global Free Business Unit the support required to enable informed decisions, manage risks and opportunities and achieve business objectives, through the administration and governance of global financial projections and annual budgeting.
Support ongoing development of the Global Ad Inventory and Revenue forecasts, building and developing a strong environment of collaboration with sales, marketing, product and finance teams and providing insights to the Global Free Business Unit. Our business is rapidly growing and changing. You are expected to design and execute processes, reporting and capabilities to help support this growth.
The Free Business Unit FP&A team also manages the reporting rhythm – from daily to quarterly – as well as the global forecasting process. They help accelerate business growth through identification of levers and bottlenecks to leadership all within the framework of an ever-changing landscape. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What You’ll Do:
- Forecast business growth generated by our ads products by leading the quarterly Inventory and Revenue forecast process and long-range financial modeling.
- Lead consolidated reporting, variance analyses across the Free Business Unit for Inventory and Revenue
- Develop analysis/tools to track business growth for ads to better understand its drivers.
- Partner with leaders in Sales, Marketing and Product organizations to understand and shape drivers of business growth performance
- Provide executive audiences with clear insights into drivers of business growth, risks, and opportunities that influence business decisions on how to manage revenue growth and profitability
- Gather, consolidate, and analyze operating and financial results, including preparing internal and external reporting deliverables, analyzing trends & drivers, and explaining forecast vs. actual variance
- Serve as a partner and liaison to Finance, IT, Accounting, and other parts of the organization
Identify and drive initiatives to continuously improve, automate, and scale forecasting and reporting tools and processes
- Maintain continuous alignment of our wider team efforts on projects which have high impact on Spotify’s finance and accounting processes
- Partner with Investor Relations on quarter and year end activities
Who You Are:
Takes ownership of the accuracy, reliability and relevance of the financial statements and must be able to articulate the root causes and significant drivers of changes in financial performance.
- 10-12 years of finance, business operations, and/or strategy consulting experience
- 2 years of relevant experience in an Ad Sales or B2B Saas environment
- Ability to manage a team of 4-5 people
- Knowledge of the P&L and top/bottom line drivers
- Knowledge in Excel and experience with modeling and analytics
- Experience in data visualization and building scalable reporting tools
- Structured thinking, with experience framing and solving problems
- Interpersonal experience with PowerPoint presentation
- Experience building relationships across all levels of an organization and presenting to anyone from executive leadership to project teams
- System savvy, experience working with forecasting and reporting systems.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come to be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.