We are looking for an outstanding Senior Manager to lead our Business Intelligence and Analytics team in New York. The Senior Manager will report into the Sr. Director FP&A and will provide FP&A the support required to enable informed decisions, help identify risks and opportunities, and achieve financial and strategic objectives, through the administration and governance of Spotify’s data strategy and reporting suite for the FP&A team. .
The Business Intelligence and Analytics team manages all data needs for Spotify’s Global FP&A Organization. Spanning data ETL, data systems design, reporting, statistical modeling, and business strategy, you will gain a broad spectrum of experience applying your technical data skills to drive strategy and improve company operations.
This role will be a good fit for a high energy candidate with exceptional quantitative, communication, and project management skills. You will have the opportunity to apply your deep understanding of Data Systems Design and Analytics to streamline our FP&A reporting capabilities end-to-end while influencing our broader data strategy at Spotify.
What You’ll Do
- Develop a detailed understanding of the key financial and operational metrics for each of Spotify’s business units
- Translate data requirements from FP&A and key partners into technical requirements
- Design, implement and be responsible for conceptual and logical data models for data within our reporting ecosystem (Adaptive/Netsuite, Coupa, Concur, BigQuery, Tableau, etc.)
- Coordinate data model review between FP&A, Analytics, and Engineering teams
- Implement processes to review requirements and determine eligibility for standardization
- Formalize standard methodologies in accessing and utilizing data and share them across Spotify
- Partner with Data Science and Engineering to build an efficient platform to support our data processing and consumption needs
- Communicate effectively with both technical partners and senior leaders
- Be a mentor and inspiring leader for best in class FP&A analytics
- Build and develop a team of Visualization Managers and Data Analysts
Who you are
- 10+ years of work experience
- 5+ years of confirmed ability with BigQuery, Redshift, Azure SQL DW, or similar
- 5+ years of a consistent record with visualization tools like Tableau
- Bachelor’s Degree or work equivalent in a relevant field
- Experience working within a Finance team, B2C subscription-based business, or the digital advertising industry is a plus.
- Knowledge of data visualization, reporting and dash-boarding
- Strong competence with SQL; experience with distributed systems (Redshift, Hadoop, BigQuery)
- Some degree of ability and experience with Python or similar scripting languages is a plus
- Natural problem-solver: Comfortable with data and ambiguity; able to both delve into the details and operational tactics and engage significantly on the big picture or overall strategy
- Proactive and passionate about results and data integrity: Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources and delivering results in complex situations
- Initiative and ownership: Ability to act with limited oversight on a day-to-day basis, balancing multiple priorities
- Adaptable to change: excited by working in a constantly evolving team
- Effective communications: stellar communication skills with the ability to distill complex thoughts and strategies into simple, impactful recommendations
- Great storytelling and communication abilities
- Executive presence: Experience working closely with senior leaders to tackle challenging business problems; Ability to credibly and compellingly present and debate recommendations with senior leadership
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.