Spotify is seeking a talented Senior Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) to support our global Content organization. This role provides an exciting opportunity to be part of shaping Spotify’s original content strategy, in a pivotal time as we transition from being a music to an audio first company.
The Senior Manager of Content FP&A will play a key role in driving the financial strategy for our original content initiatives, including podcasts, a key growth area for Spotify. Our Senior Manager will be a trusted advisor to our Content business leads, continuously driving the FP&A function forward through strategic and operational partnership with various stakeholders across the organization.
What you’ll do:
- Drive the financial planning and analysis for the Content business, owning the quarterly forecast and reporting process
- Act as a trusted advisor to the Content leadership team, providing superior guidance on financial impact of investment decisions
- Support the development of long term business plans for new Content initiatives, and own the FP&A delivery in cross-functional company projects
- Build productive relationships across the business and the accounting/finance department
- Support and also independently run ad-hoc projects to analyze and understand business implications of proposed decisions
- Inspire and develop our Content FP&A team, who provide financial planning and forecasting and value-added guidance and insights to the different areas of the business
Who you are:
- Degree in Business, with outstanding academic track record
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience, preferably from a top tier management consulting firm, combined with an operational, business strategy or financial modeling role in a fast moving, international organization
- 2+ years of experience managing a team
- Strong communication and presentation skills with a track record of presenting complex analysis to senior management
- Excellent prioritization skills and a true passion for delivering service of highest standards
- Advanced Excel user; a plus if you have experience with Google suite and financial planning software, such as Adaptive
- Excellent ability to build relationships and networks with multiple functions, regions, and at all levels of the organization
- Adaptive and able to thrive in a rapidly changing environment
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.