At Spotify, we’re proud of our ambitious mission of having 1 billion fans enjoying music around the world, and are seeking a lead machine learning engineer to join us in pursuit of this goal. Our team leverages machine learning to drive both advertiser outcomes and listener satisfaction in Spotify Free, helping democratize music access globally while positively impacting Spotify’s bottom line. We develop innovative solutions around the core problem of getting the right ad to the right user at the right time, while embodying Spotify’s values and taking our users’ best interest at heart.
What you’ll do
- Help give hands-on technical leadership to one of Spotify’s most important business areas, monetization in our free product of 100+ million monthly active users.
- Drive collaboration with other engineers, product managers, and designers across our team to make it easier to deliver best-in-class ML-powered listening experiences through shared platforms, tools, and approaches building on our use of Scala/Java and the GCP ecosystem
- Be a leading voice in an active community of machine learning practitioners across Spotify
- Build or improve features that impact our users and make them better utilizing ML
- Take on complex data-related problems using some of the most diverse datasets available
- Improve our features through the usage of offline and online tests
- Develop individually to continue to grow your impact, and help mentor peers
Who you are
- You have expertise and excitement about machine learning, including deep familiarity with the state-of-the-art as reflected in research at conferences, e.g. RecSys, ICML, or NeurIPS, and / or in practice at other leading internet companies
- You are an expert at architecting data pipelines and are self-sufficient in getting the data you need to build and evaluate your models, using tools like Apache Beam or Spark.
- You have 7+ years of professional engineering experience working in a product-driven environment with technologies (Scala, Java, Python, or C++) and cloud platforms (GCP or AWS).
- You have 4+ years of machine learning product development experience focused on content generation, personalization, or measurement, leveraging large scale data with broad impact using technologies like TensorFlow or XGBoost.
- You care about agile software development and a culture of constant learning and improvement
- You have experience and passion for mentoring and encouraging collaborative teams.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.