We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us build the next generation of ML-based audio understanding technologies. Our team expands the state of the art in AI-based machine listening technology, which enables intelligent, efficient and intuitive ways to search, re-use, explore or process audio and music. We build products for end users, for artists, for producers, for labels and publishers, for managers, for advertisers – projects that cut across all of Spotify. We build features to improve products and lay the foundations for disruptive new product opportunities.
What you’ll do
- Take on complex data-related problems involving some of the most diverse datasets available, leveraging your experience to drive best practices in ML and data engineering.
- Work in an agile team spanning software engineers, research scientists, and product managers to productionize ML research at scale for hundreds of millions of active users.
- Build best-in-class infrastructure and tooling to accelerate our research-to-product efforts and to enable efficient cloud-based deployment and testing of audio processing models.
- Debug and optimize ML models to enable complex inferencing (and training) tasks at high scale.
- Determine the feasibility of projects through quick prototyping with respect to performance, quality, time and cost.
- Work together with our stakeholders to help define and drive new features forward.
Who you are
- You have professional experience working in a product-driven environment.
- You have experience working with cloud platforms like GCP / AWS / Azure.
- You have experience implementing and maintaining high-scale, production ML systems.
- You have experience leveraging high-scale, distributed data processing frameworks (e.g. Apache Beam / Google Dataflow, Hadoop, Scalding, Spark, Storm).
- You know how to write distributed, high-volume services in Java or Scala.
- You have an interest in learning more about audio processing and music information retrieval and you’re excited about building amazing products that use such technologies.
- BENEFICIAL: You have previous industry experience with debugging, profiling, code-optimizing or deploying tensorflow models at scale.
- BENEFICIAL: You have experience with applying deep learning techniques for content based processing (audio, image, video data).
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.