As Senior Legal Counsel, Privacy and part of Spotify’s Business and Legal Affairs team, you will counsel and provide legal support to all our teams globally. You should be passionate about privacy but, comfortable with counseling business partners and making decisions that have both legal and business impacts getting deeply involved in ensuring that Spotify’s offerings are designed, built and maintained in a way that complies with applicable data privacy obligations around the world.
You will understand the need to balance excellent legal compliance with a dedicated, business-friendly and technically sound approach to the challenges of being part of a dynamic, highly data-driven digital organization. We are looking for someone who can understand and interact with the highest levels of the organization while having a command of the technical details and requirements of privacy daily.
What you’ll do
- Foster the Spotify culture of respect for the privacy rights of our customers, employees, creators and business partners
- Help drive a global privacy program that ensures compliance with relevant data protection laws and regulations
- Offer strategic advice to leadership and teams around privacy implications of using personal data, as well as mentorship on ways to minimize privacy risks
- Act as escalation point for other in-house counsel on all kinds of privacy matters
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to respond to requests from regulators, law enforcement and customers
Who you are
- Law degree (or equivalent) and at least 5 years of experience working in a law firm and/or in-house legal department
- Experience in data protection law, including use of personal data for advertising and marketing
- Experience big data/ technology sector
- Validated ability to deliver clear, practical and pragmatic advice
- Ability to make risk-based commercial decisions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in English is critical, other languages a plus
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.