We are looking for a Senior Indirect Tax Analyst to join the US Tax Team, which is a part of the Spotify Global Tax team and reports to the VP of Tax. In your role, you will become part of a small team with skilled and highly dedicated colleagues. In the international and dynamic workplace that is Spotify, you will play an important part in taking the company to the next level. You enjoy working in a fast changing environment and strive to improve the workflow and processes. You will be involved in all aspects of indirect tax compliance obligations in the United States, Canada, & Latin America markets, across various Spotify businesses. The role is based in our New York office and will report to the Indirect Tax Manager.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare monthly indirect tax filings for Spotify USA, Inc. and related companies including but not limited to Sales Tax, Use Tax, Value Added Tax (VAT), Gross Receipts Tax, Unclaimed Property, Regulatory Fees and similar taxes utilizing outsourcing and internal resources
- Research and generate use tax accruals and other indirect tax accruals
- Prepare reconciliation of transaction tax general ledger accounts
- Assist with detailed data requests to support tax audits
- Assist in compiling FAS5/ASC450 documentation when required
- Provide guidance based on research of transaction tax laws and regulations using RIA, CCH and other resources to support the business
- Develop and implement process improvements across the entire State and Local & VAT Indirect Tax compliance
- Develop and communicate metrics for management analysis
- Provide support to Tax Team members as needed
- Create and maintain excellent relationships with key colleagues across all areas of Spotify
Who you are:
- Minimum 3 years of tax related work experience in industry and/or Big 4.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field; CPA preferred.
- Excellent general accounting/finance skills and experience
- Excellent communication skills in order to distil complex tax concepts into easily comprehensible subject matter for non-tax colleagues.
- Excellent tax research ability using databases such as RIA Checkpoint & CCH.
- Experience with financial systems (ERP, consolidation tools and management reporting tools) is a plus.
- Experience in reconciliation of transactional tax accounts
- Open, honest, flexible, willing to dig in
- Deep desire to perform with the best and drive constant improvement
- Intellectually curious and eager to learn and develop every day
- Not afraid to challenge and question colleagues (regardless of level) in a constructive manner always with the best solution for Spotify in mind
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.