Spotify is looking for a Senior Full-Stack Engineer to join our Content Platform engineering organization. Content Platform is a central enabler for Spotify. Together, our teams ensure that Spotify has a complete, available and enriched catalog of music, podcasts, videos and more.
We make sure that internal as well as external engineers have support in the complete development lifecycle. We find opportunities to become T-shaped and learn neighboring fields. Come join our team of skilled engineers that share a common interest in distributed systems, their scalability, and continued development. You will build the web applications and backend systems that will impact our engineers day to day, scale our systems and continuously improve our engineering practices. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What You’ll Do
- Use your experience of the full-stack engineering to craft intelligent solutions that include front-end, client and back-end systems
- Be a valued member of an autonomous agile team to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives
- Be a strong participant in the Spotify-wide web developer community affecting and driving web engineering across the company
- Facilitate collaboration with other developers, product owners, and designers to seek interesting and challenging problems for delivering various media worldwide
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth by providing you with challenging problems to tackle and the freedom to acquire new skills in hack time, guilds, lectures and a variety of internal training courses
- Deliver testable, maintainable and high-quality code and take operational responsibility for the components that you develop
Who You Are
- You’re passionate about delivering end-to-end experiences and care about your software architecture across the front-end, backend, and the APIs that glue them together
- You have some experience in back-end development and technologies such as Java
- You care about web technologies, exploring data, user experience, and design and use all of that for building user-friendly web applications
- You learn quickly and enjoy working closely together with your product team to bring value to your stakeholders
- You have experience with React (you may experience with additional modern web frameworks like Vue or Angular)
- You are passionate about writing high-quality code
- You’d be comfortable and confident in an experimental and fast-paced work environment
- You are passionate about what you do and have a high interest in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.