The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next easier and more enjoyable for every listener. From Daily Mix to Discover Weekly, we’re behind some of Spotify’s most-loved features. We built them by understanding the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else. Join us and you’ll keep millions of users listening by making great recommendations to each and every one of them.
We seek to understand the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else so that we can make great recommendations to every individual person and keep the world listening. Everyday, hundreds of millions of people all over the world use the products we build which include destinations like “Home” and “Search” as well as original playlists such as “Discover Weekly” and “Daily Mix.” We’re a team of technologists, product insight experts, designers, and product managers in Boston, New York, Stockholm, and London.
What You’ll Do
- Develop, hire and enable incredible engineering leaders and scale our team
- Lead technology, delivery, innovation, and business impact of an engineering team of 20 engineers and managers and help to rapidly grow the team to 40+
- You will work with your team to develop and execute on a long-term technology roadmap with a specific focus on Voice and NLU
- Partner closely with our Product, Design, and Insights functions and their leaders
- Lead collaboration with engineering teams across Spotify
- You will be based in New York, but travel to Boston, Stockholm, and London occasionally
Who You Are
- You are passionate about Voice and NLU technology and what it can do for the consumer market
- You thrive when developing great people, not just great products
- You have a broad engineering background and have deep experience in Voice, NLU or machine learning
- You are well-versed in data-driven and data-informed product development
- You have real-world experience leading engineering teams and have operated successfully as a “leader of leaders”
- You have proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization and in a variety of contexts
- You want to make an impact
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.