We are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Engineering Manager to join our Royalties and Reporting team, RoaR, in New York. RoaR owns and develops the systems that calculates and reports the royalties we owe our licensors in the label and publishing space. Technically we are challenged with very complex business rules that have to operate on gigantic datasets, layered with the hard compliance requirements, ITGC and SOX, that comes with being a public company.
As a Senior Engineering Manager you lead and grow other Engineering Managers and ensure the larger team’s health, a vibrant positive culture and a sane technical direction. We have just started our growth in New York where we recently formed two squads. The plan is to expand with at least one more squad in the next six months.
This role will report to RoaR’s Director of Engineering, with the opportunity to travel to other R&D offices, such as Stockholm.
What you will do
- Lead a high-performing technical leadership team of Engineering Managers, supporting them with career development and technical mentorship.
- Partner with the senior product management leaders to formulate the technical vision, strategy and roadmap for the platforms that power our Royalty calculations and verifications.
- Make sure that we can deliver what we promise with high quality, on time.
- You will advocate and implement sustainable best-practices and develop a technical strategy and have it guide the short and long term plans
- Be an active partner to your product and engineering peers as part of an effective thought leadership team for RoaR.
Who you are
- You are passionate about teamwork and engineering, and know how to inspire and drive a larger team forward.
- You know how to handle the challenges that come with the rapid scaling of an organisation.
- You are a domain expert in either big data or backend, preferably with experience in a financial setting.
- You have led large scale engineering efforts, and know what it takes to deliver while still having a healthy team.
- You know how to effectively use agile principles to achieve timely and desired delivery and know the underlying reasons for applying them.
- You have a passion for mentoring and coaching highly collaborative teams and their leaders.
- You have excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Desired experience:
- MSc in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Experience of working effectively with systems in a compliance heavy setting
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.