We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to join Spotify’s Growth Team. This area will focus on user growth by accelerating our marketing through creative, innovative and strategic engineering efforts. Our mission is to find new user growth through the combination of product engineering vision and marketing strategy.
The Growth Team focuses on the following areas:
Automated Marketing: Automated Marketing is the art and science of bringing the right content to the right users, at scale. Leveraging machine learning, the depth of Spotify’s catalog and our large user-base, we can enable technology that allows us to automate, measure and optimize the effectiveness of our content marketing campaigns.
Marketing Experiences: Marketing Experiences collaborates with Marketing to help more people discover the unique value that Spotify offers. The team will focus on building engaging, differentiated experiences to reach our users. Experiences to reach new users through channel optimization, strategic marketing initiatives, and new ways to increase engagement on our platforms.
These are leadership positions at Spotify. Your work will impact the entire Tech, Product, Insights & Design organization and you will collaborate across the company and in particular with our marketing & content teams.
What you’ll do
- You will grow, teach and lead a team of Engineering Managers and Engineers
- You will lead engineering work, ensuring timely delivery of software with high quality
- You will advocate and implement sustainable best-practices and develop a technical strategy and have it guide the short and long term plans
- You will help to cultivate technical standard methodologies and foster a culture of sustainable tech health
- You will be an active partner to your Product, Design and Insight peers as part of your role in being an effective leadership team member for the whole group
- You will coach, mentor and grow cross functional teams, so they can form and sustain high performing engineering teams
- You will Inspire, manage and lead engineering teams so they are happy, productively engaged and have opportunities for growth
- You will shepherd the engineering culture of our group, so we can achieve our mission
- You will be part of the team that’s setting the strategy for the product area
Who you are
- You can draw on substantial depth and breadth of management experience to lead and grow a team
- You have solid experience leading the organizational and leadership challenges that come with scaling an engineering group
- You are a domain expert in digital advertising, preferably with experience in marketing platforms and data modeling
- You are well versed and experienced at applying Agile tools and mental models to take on the problems of an engineering organization
- You have built a learning organization and are continuously learning as a leader
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.