The Platform department creates the technology ecosystem that enables Spotify to learn and deliver quickly, while safely and easily scaling to billion customers, and enabling our rapid employee growth around the globe. Platform consists of six organisational units (known as ‘tribes’) that reflect the needs and groupings of our internal customers – from the shared approaches to supporting and aligning the craft and practice of designers, engineers, researchers, and data scientists – to the frameworks, capabilities and tools they need to do their work as effectively, quickly, and safely as possible. We are an amplifier for productivity, quality, and innovation across Spotify.
The Data Infrastructure tribe within Platform is responsible for building and supporting the tooling, infrastructure and practices for data processing, experimentation, machine learning, user research and data science at Spotify.
We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager that will join Spotify’s Data Infrastructure tribe in our Stockholm offices. It is an opportunity to lead an organisation, influence infrastructure product development and create a world class engineering department. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music. Together with your peers in the leadership group you will be involved in solving all aspects of the department: people, process, product and technology.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll develop people and teams through coaching, mentoring, and management
- You’ll grow and lead the Data Infrastructure engineering organization.
- You’ll manage leaders, including engineering managers and agile coaches.
- You’ll lead process improvements, technical excellence and best practices.
- You’ll collaborate with the rest of leadership in managing the organisation.
- You’ll help to cultivate technical standard methodologies and foster a culture of sustainable tech health
- You’ll work from our Stockholm office and occasionally travel.
Who you are:
- You know how to lead by fostering a culture in an agile & devops environment, and you are able to support and grow this culture in existing teams.
- You are experienced with developing leadership, supporting managers, and growing the whole team across multiple levels.
- You have a deep understanding of product management, engineering best practices and experience with building, deploying and operating large scale systems.
- You care about creating a great engineering workforce with a growth mindset and servant leadership focus.
- You have managed an engineering organisation with focus on delivery and employee satisfaction..
- You have self-directing capabilities and are able to function in the challenging role of leading an independent part of the organization while managing and nurturing close links to remote stakeholders.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.