We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager (Chapter Lead) to drive the data and backend services engineering practice within our Creator mission in New York.
We at Spotify have built the leading platform through which users experience the work of artists, and we’re passionately creating products and services that enable those artists to thrive. We understand the value we get from their work, on all levels, and our team is running and building products that show them just how much. As a member of our team, you will lead a world-class engineering practice, drive the approach with which we use data and develop backend systems to serve the needs of artists, and play an active role in shaping the new music economy.
What you’ll do
- You will build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, and hands-on career development
- You will be responsible for leveraging and evolving Spotify’s deep understanding of our content, artists, and users to develop rich analytics, engagement, promotional, and other offerings for artists and their teams
- You will provide deep technical guidance in a number of aspects of production engineering in a scalable JVM ecosystem
- You will work with close counterparts in other disciplines as part of a cross-functional team, and nurture this culture in your team
- You will both foster innovation and drive delivery
- You will be based in New York, but travel occasionally to Stockholm and London
Who you are
- You are passionate about technology and what it can do for the creative industry
- You thrive when developing great people, not just great products
- You are an experienced leader in using modern practices and tools to process, store, and expose consumer-scale datasets and build robust backend services
- You are well-versed in data-driven and data-informed product development
- You are comfortable with the nuts and bolts of backend software engineering, data engineering, and basic data science
- You are an experienced manager with a strong commercial record of attracting and growing great engineers
- You have experience in fostering a strong engineering culture in an agile and devops environment
- You want to make an impact
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.