We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to join our Data Infrastructure team in New York.
Data Infrastructure is the part of R&D that enables Spotify to produce, manage and consume data. We build the platform for all data engineering at Spotify. We are a team of 80 split between Stockholm and New York offices.
What You’ll Do
We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to help lead the technology and product organisation (we call it a tribe). You will:
- Manage and grow a team of engineering managers, product managers and agile coaches;
- Partner closely with product and engineering leadership in NYC and Stockholm to evolve Spotify’s data infrastructure to meet the rapidly changing needs of our stakeholders;
- Provide senior technical leadership to engineering teams, supporting the development of scalable, stable, high quality infrastructure;
- Work closely with senior level stakeholders across R&D and in legal, marketing and content organizations to ensure that we are meeting the needs of stakeholders.
What We’re Looking For
To be successful in this role, we believe you have experience in the following areas:
- Technical leadership — You have experience working on complicated systems at scale, ideally with some background in infrastructure. You can help support teams to build high-quality, scalable software, often with tight deadlines and legal and regulatory requirements.
- People Leadership – You have a strong record in management and leadership. You build and foster collaboration and productive cultures. You have experience with a 25+ person organisation.
- Motivation – You are someone who has a deep appreciation for infrastructure and building developer-facing products and you can share this passion to motivate the team and the wider organisation.
What We Value
Innovation, collaboration, transparency, passion and playfulness are a start. We believe our culture is a core part of what makes Spotify successful.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.