We are looking for an experienced, passionate and creative engineer to join us. You will build data informed solutions to bring music and digital media expertise to better understand the content on Spotify. We do this through a deep understanding of the Spotify catalog; building up the relationships between recording artists, songwriters and the music they collaborate on. You will take on complex data-related problems using some of the most diverse datasets available. This data helps power the music industry by supporting a vital group of creators and their teams.
What you’ll do
- Build data systems to clean, consolidate, model and match compositions to recordings in the catalog
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data processing systems with Java, Scala, and the Google Cloud Platform.
- Use continuous integration and delivery to drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality.
- Collaborate with the team, ML experts and partners, taking learning and leadership opportunities that will arise every single day.
- Work in multi functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives.
Who you are
- You know how to work with high volume heterogeneous data, preferably with distributed systems such as BigQuery, BigTable, and Cassandra.
- You are knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques.
- You care about agile software processes, data informed development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- You understand the value of collaboration within teams.
- Working knowledge of machine learning is a plus
We are proud to foster an inclusive workplace. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.