We are looking for a broadly experienced Sr. Editor/Music Programmer to join Spotify’s Shows and Editorial team, responsible for South Africa, located in London or Dubai. You will identify and curate first rate music playlist listening- and programming experiences for a multitude of our moods, moments, and genres, demonstrate a passion for performance-oriented analytics, and will have your ear to the ground in the music community, focusing on South Africa. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Play a senior editorial role in daily programming and strategy for South Africa
- Present and follow up on strategic and creative projects and bets within South Africa
- Road Manage strategic bets within Shows & Editorial (S&E) and represent S&E in cross-functional bets within the company, for South Africa
- Curate for a large number of varied playlists
- Identify and substantiate programming and playlist hypotheses
- Analyze analytics and performance indicators of your own work
- Work with the Global Editorial team and cross-functional teams to progress towards various content objectives
- Help build and maintain strong links between Spotify’s Shows & Editorial team and the music creator community including artists, managers, record labels and publishing company executives
- Work from our office in London or Dubai
Who you are
- 5+ years of experience in the music industry, programming music for TV, radio or other media networks where connecting audiences with artists, creators and the music landscape have been an integral part of your job and mission
- You have a deep knowledge of music and culture, with a focus on South Africa and its music marketplace
- You possess a perfect level of written and spoken English and you’re also able to demonstrate a strong understanding of, and experience with, music streaming services as a user and fan
- You are able to lean on a good reputation and a strong network within the South Africa music- and entertainment industry
- You care about attention to detail and organisation, have a good team spirit, strong work ethic, and a friendly, warm attitude
- You have a story that demonstrates your passion for music that you can tell us about!
* Please attach your CV in English
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.