What you’ll do
- Understand and gain insight of consumer behaviuors by analyzing data and analytic
- Identify and substantiate playlist hypotheses for Japan (i.e. the perfect music for Hanami, the best songs for concentration or the hottest new pop tracks).
- Curate and maintain a large number of playlists in a variety of genres for different audiences, moods and moments – for Japan.
- Be responsible for the daily content programming and curation for Music, Podcast & Video shows within Spotify.
- Present and follow up on strategic and creative projects and bets within Shows & Editorial (S&E).
- Help build and maintain strong links between Spotify’s S&E team and the music creator community including artists, managers and record label and publishing company executives, for Japanese music.
- Work with Global S&E team together with the cross-functional teams to progress towards various content objectives.
- Work from our office in Shibuya, Tokyo.
Who you are
- You are an expert when it comes to knowledge of Japanese artists, festivals, history, newcomers, influencers – basically, everything to do with the lifestyle and culture in Japan.
- You possess a perfect level of written and spoken Japanese and English.
- You have a keen sense of what makes music appropriate for different situations, and an ability to identify great songs/shows to fit.
- Ability to work with and respond to data and analytics.
- At least +5 years of Experience in the music/entertainment industry.
- Having a deep understanding of music from across all genres and styles.
- Strong propensity to take initiative and thrive on change.
- You care about attention to detail and organization, have a team spirit, strong work ethic, and a friendly, warm attitude.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.