The Music Culture & Editorial team is looking for a Senior Editor, focusing on the Regional Mexican genre to join their Mexico team reporting to the Lead Editor based in Mexico City.
The Senior Editor will be responsible for the development and promotion of culturally relevant, topical programming.
What you’ll do
- Work with the Lead Editor to define and execute a clear Regional Mexican strategy, aimed at super-serving users.
- Identify and substantiate playlist hypotheses for the Regional Mexican genre, working specifically on Banda, Norteña, Corridos and Mariachi genres and all derivative subgenre.
- Curate, analyze and maintain a large number of playlists for a variety of audiences, moods, and moments for Mexico.
- Create and execute programming/promotional strategies based on performance indicators.
- Above all, your work will impact the way the Mexican audience experiences music.
- Exhibit versatility and flexibility to navigate and understand other genres relevant to Mexican audiences, including but not limited to Tropical, Pop, Mexican Folkloric music.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- 5-7 years of experience covering, producing, programming and/or working in the world of Regional Mexican music.
- You must be an absolute specialist, native to the genre with a wide and versatile scope in the above-mentioned music genres.
- You are current and knowledgeable in music and pop culture.
- You have a good understanding of music streaming, DSPs, and the competitive landscape in Latin America.
- You understand the difference between programming for radio and programming for a personalized digital experience.
- You are knowledgeable of the music industry and music trends across Mexico, USA and Latin America.
- Fluency in Spanish and English required.
- Ability to quickly and accurately translate English to Spanish and vice-versa.
- Experience in music programming/curation, or in the music/entertainment industry, is required.
- A keen sense of what music is appropriate for any situation.
- The ability to identify great songs from all genres and styles.
- A strong understanding of and experience with Spotify as a user and fan.
- Team spirit, excellent work ethic.
- A friendly and warm attitude… we are a very close-knit family!
- Exceptional verbal communication and organizational skills.
- The ability to comprehend and productively respond to analytics.
- Keen attention to detail.
- A strong propensity to take initiative and absolutely thrive on change.
- The ability to excel in individual work as well as with cross-functional, worldwide initiatives toward mutual objectives.
- Technical proficiency with common Mac/iOS/Google/Android software.
- Ability to travel when needed.
- Work from our office in Mexico City.
- You have a story that demonstrates your passion for music that you can tell us about with total maturity, honesty and transparency, showing a history of ethical behavior and impeccable reputation within the industry.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.