The Shows & Editorial team is looking for an Editor to join their Brazilian team reporting to the Team Lead based in São Paulo. The Senior Editor will be responsible for the development and promotion of culturally relevant, topical programming:
What you’ll do
- Curate for a large number of varied playlists and music genres; our playlist-brands and shows for Brazilian music Industry
Identify and substantiate content hypotheses.
- Present and follow up on strategic and creative projects and bets within Brazil.
- Road Manage strategic bets within Shows & Editorial (S&E) and represent S&E in cross-functional bets within the Company
- Create and execute programming/promotional strategies based on performance indicators.
- Above all, your work will impact the way the Brazilian audience experiences music.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- Knowledgeable of the music industry and music trends across Brazil and Latin America.
- A wide and versatile scope in music genres with a special focus on popular local music: Sertanejo, Urban Latin, Pop, EDM, Indie, Rock.
- Fluency in English required.
- Ability to quickly and accurately translate English to Spanish and/or Portuguese and vice-versa.
- Experience in music programming/curation, or in the music/entertainment industry, is required.
- A keen sense of what music is appropriate for any situation.
- The ability to identify great songs from all genres and styles.
- A strong understanding of and experience with Spotify as a user and fan.
- Team spirit, excellent work ethic.
- A friendly and warm attitude…we are a very close-knit family!
- Exceptional verbal communication and organizational skills.
- The ability to comprehend and productively respond to analytics.
- Keen attention to detail.
- A strong propensity to take initiative and absolutely thrive on change.
- The ability to excel in individual work as well as with cross-functional, worldwide initiatives toward mutual objectives.
- Technical proficiency with common Mac/iOS/Google/Android software.
- Ability to travel when needed.
- Work from our office in São Paulo.
- You have a story that demonstrates your passion for music that you can tell us about!
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.