We are looking for a broadly experienced Sr. Editor/Music Programmer to join Spotify’s Shows – and Editorial team in the Benelux. You will identify and curate first rate music playlist listening experiences for a multitude of our moods, moments, and genres. You demonstrate a passion for performance-oriented analytics, and will have your ear to the ground in the music community, focusing on The Netherlands. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Identify and substantiate content hypotheses
- Play a senior editorial role in the Music Culture strategy for The Netherlands
- Present and follow up on strategic and creative projects and bets within The Netherlands
- Road Manage strategic bets within Shows & Editorial (S&E) and represent S&E in cross-functional bets within the Company, for The Netherlands
- Curate for a large number of varied playlists; our playlist-brands and shows
- Analyze analytics and performance indicators of your own work.
- Work closely with the Head Of Benelux, S&E and the local and global S&E teams as well as other cross-functional teams, to progress towards various content objectives, both globally and in your market
- Work from our office in Amsterdam
Who you are
- 5+ years of experience in the music industry, programming music for TV, radio, or other media networks, where connecting and serving audiences with artists, creators and music in today’s music landscape has been an integral part of your job and missions
- You have a deep knowledge of music and culture, with a focus on The Netherlands
- You possess a perfect level of written and spoken Dutch and English and you’re also able to demonstrate a strong understanding of – and experience with – Spotify as a user and fan
- You are also able to lean on a good reputation and a strong network within the Dutch music -and entertainment industry
- You care about attention to detail and organisation, have a team spirit, strong work ethic, and a friendly, warm attitude
- You have a story that demonstrates your passion for music that you can tell us about!
Please attach your CV in English
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.